Drug Aware was established in 1996 as part of a state framework of educational strategies designed to address illicit drug use among young people in Western Australia. It is the first comprehensive ongoing program on illicit drug education undertaken in Australia. To contact the Drug Aware team directly, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
By contacting the Drug Aware team and providing an email address and /or telephone number. You are consenting to being contacted by the Mental Health Commission. If you are requiring support or advice your email may be forwarded to a counsellor or a peer practitioner from the Commission’s confidential mental health, alcohol and / or other drug support line. Please specify in the email if you do NOT wish to be contacted by a team member from Here For You – confidential mental health and / or other alcohol drug support line.
If you are seeking immediate support, please contact one of the following helplines: (available 24/7)
· Alcohol and Drug Support Line (08) 9442 5000 or 1800 198 024 (country callers toll-free).
· Mental Health Emergency Response Line (MHERL: 1300 555 788 (Perth Metro Residents) 1800 676 822 (Peel Residents)
· Rurallink: 1800 552 002 https://bit.ly/3Vdzt1S
· Lifeline: 13 11 14
· BeyondBlue: 1300 224 636
· Kids Helpline: 1800 55 1800 for children and young people aged 5-25 years old.
· Parent and Family Drug Support Line: 9442 5050 (metro) OR 1800 653 203(country callers)