Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I get meth out of my system quickly for a drug test?
- What is a drug?
- How does cannabis use affect your mental health?
- What does methamphetamine look like?
- What signs do you look for to detect if someone may be using drugs?
- How to stay safe from dangers of drugs
- What are the short and long-term effect of drugs on the body and mind?
Are new psychoactive drugs legal?
New laws came into effect on the 18th of November 2015 making the manufacture, sale, supply and promotion of new psychoactive drugs illegal. This includes penalties of up to $48,000 and/or four years in jail.
While this Act does not include possession, it is safest not to use. These drugs can cause serious health problems. It is also possible for Police to seize new psychoactive drugs from those in possession as evidence against a supplier.