Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a drug?
- What are the short and long-term effect of drugs on the body and mind?
- What type of drugs are amphetamines and what’s the difference between all types of amphetamines?
- What does methamphetamine look like?
- What signs do you look for to detect if someone may be using drugs?
- What is the Meth Helpline?
Are new psychoactive drugs legal?
New laws came into effect on the 18th of November 2015 making the manufacture, sale, supply and promotion of new psychoactive drugs illegal. This includes penalties of up to $48,000 and/or four years in jail.
While this Act does not include possession, it is safest not to use. These drugs can cause serious health problems. It is also possible for Police to seize new psychoactive drugs from those in possession as evidence against a supplier.
Drug Aware Margaret River Pro
The Drug Aware Margaret River Pro is held between 29 March and 9 April. Find out more about the Pro here.