Do I need help?
It's not always easy to recognise that you need help with your drug use. These questions may act as a guide to help identify common issues:
- Have friends or family ever worried or complained about your drug or alcohol use?
- Do you ever use drugs or alcohol first thing in the morning or to get you through the day?
- Are you concerned about your drug or alcohol use?
- Do you ever use drugs or alcohol to overcome the effects of other drugs or alcohol taken earlier?
- Have you or someone else been injured as a result of your drug or alcohol use?
- Have you ever felt regret after taking drugs or alcohol?
- Do you conceal your use from family or friends, or edit stories involving your drinking or using?
- Does your drug or alcohol use impact negatively on other parts of your life e.g. work, friendships, finances, health?
- Have you ever run out of money for things you need (e.g. food, bills, going out) because you've spent your money on alcohol or drugs?
- Would you like to change the way you use drugs or alcohol?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may need some assistance with your alcohol or drug use.
The medics are here to help you, not call the Police*
It's safer not to use drugs, but if someone does and starts to have problems - get help fast! Call an ambulance on 000 or if you're at a festival go to the First Aid Tent.
*The Police will not attend unless there is a death or someone is threatened.