Stay Safe Sex And Drugs Treatment And Support

Treatment And Support

Where to go for support, information, health checks and treatment.

There are a number of agencies, groups and websites that you can access for free and confidential information about sexual health, drugs and alcohol use.

See your local GP

Alcohol and Drug Support Line

A confidential, non-judgmental telephone counselling, information and referral service for anyone seeking help for their own or another person’s alcohol or drug use. The service is available 24/7 via phone.

Contact with the Alcohol and Drug Support Line is one-to-one with a professional counsellor and is confidential.

Phone: (08) 9442 5000 or 1800 198 024 (country callers)

Alcohol. Think Again

Provides information about alcohol related issues, including alcohol and blood-borne viruses and sexually transmitted diseases.

Get The Facts - Department of Health WA

Information for young people about sexual health, blood-borne viruses and relationships.

For information about chlamydia.

Derbarl Yerrigan Health Service
Provides a range of health services for Indigenous people, including GP services.
156 Wittenoom Street, East Perth (08) 9421 3888

FPWA Sexual Health Services
Information for young people with sexual health issues including a confidential telephone helpline and a confidential email facility.
70 Roe Street, Northbridge
Helpline (08) 9227 6178
Free call 1800 198 205

Freedom Centre
Peer support, a safe social space, information and referrals for same sex attracted and gender diverse young people.
93 Brisbane St, Northbridge Perth 6000 (08) 9228 0354

Fremantle Hospital
B2 Sexual Health Service
Referral service for diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases as well as education and counselling. Includes a telephone information and counselling service.
B2 Clinic, B Block, Alma St, Fremantle (08) 9431 2149

For information, education and support around blood-borne viruses, particularly hepatitis.
187 Beaufort St, Northbridge (08) 9227 9800
Freecall 1800 800 070

Leavers WA
The official website for school Leavers in WA.

Marie Stopes International

Text messaging service for instant and accurate sexual health information direct to mobile phone.
sms ‘sexinfo’ to 19 SEXTXT (19 739898)

Provides information on sex education, teenage life, puberty and contraception.

Marie Stopes International Midland Centre
Sexual and reproductive health service.
8 Sayer Street, Midland, WA
Freecall 1800 003 707

Parent and Family Drug Support Line

A confidential, non-judgmental telephone counselling, information and referral service for families and carers concerned about a loved one’s alcohol or drug use. Professional counsellors are available via phone 24/7.

In addition to professional counsellors, the Parent and Family Drug Support Line has a network of trained parent volunteers who have experienced their own child’s alcohol or drug use. Parent volunteers area available via phone between 8:00am and 10:00pm each day.

Phone: (08) 9442 5050 or 1800 653 203 (country callers)

Quarry Health Centre

Sexual health services for under 25’s.
Rear of 7 Quarry Street, Fremantle
(08) 9430 4544

Royal Perth Hospital Sexual Health Clinic

Clinic for diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted infections.
Ainslie House, Level 4, 48 Murray St, Perth
(08) 9224 2178

WA AIDS Council

Information, links and contacts related to safer sex, condom use and sexually transmitted infection transmission, treatment and prevention.
AIDSLine (08) 9482 0044

WA Country Health Services

Provides a wide range of health services for regional and remote communities.
Toll Free: 1800 629 028

WA Substance Users’ Association

Provides advice about injecting drug use, testing for blood-borne viruses and vaccinations against hepatitis A & B.
519 Murray Street West Perth
(08) 9321 2877

Womens Health Services

Information, clinical and counselling services including confidential telephone helpline for women on all aspects of sexual health, alcohol and other drugs, mental health and domestic violence.
100 Aberdeen St, Northbridge
(08) 9227 8122

Working Away Alcohol and Drug Support Line

A confidential telephone support, information and referral service for those working away from home, their families and employers who are concerned about their own or another person’s alcohol or drug use or mental health and wellbeing. The service is available 24/7 via phone.

Phone: 1800 721 997

Sexual Assault

Sexual Assault Resource Centre (SARC)

SARC is a free 24 hour 7 days a week emergency service that offers assistance and support to any person aged 13 years and over who has experienced any form of unwanted sexual contact or behaviour.
(08) 9340 1828 (crisis line 24 hours)
1800 199 888 (rural freecall)

WA Police

To report a sexual assault, you can contact police on 131 444. You can contact the Sex Assault Squad by calling (08) 9428 1600.

Back to Sex & drugs